Sunday, April 11, 2010

Koffin Kats + Sawyer Family = WIN.

This blog is going to be broken into 4 parts:
1: Dr. Bojangles and the Zombie Revival
2: Sawyer Family
3: Koffin Kats
4: Overall Show/FINAL JUDGEMENT

1-- Doctor Bojangles & the Zombie Revival

All right, these guys were a pretty good start to a great show. The crowd was pretty much stagnant to start again, but I guess that's just how it goes with opening bands. The band had a fun stage presence and was variant in their styles, covering a broad range of styles in their short set list. A few complaints I had with this band consisted of too much distortion on the guitar(I couldn't tell the difference between any of the chord that were played) and not enough volume on the vocals. Other than that, they were a pretty fun group.

2-- Sawyer Family

I love this band so much, I couldn't finish a rant in a reasonable amount of time about it. When I saw these guys at E-Squared in January, these guys were a three-piece band(Seth, the lead singer had broken his hand changing a tire.), so I was excited  see the whole band together. They most certainly did not disappoint!
They played a few songs off of their new album, as well as one that you can't buy and a new song that hadn't been around long enough to put on an album. The newest song, Baptism, was a great song! One part that threw me for a loop in the best way possible was the short switch to a major key for a bit. It was a nice touch! Also, the bassist can seriously rock the bass/bow combination. As a bassist, I truly admire that.
Also, I came across a man who seriously danced all through Sawyer Family's set list, and he was impressive at that! I managed to catch this crazy dancing guy, later I found to be named Pete, at the drinking fountain at intermission.


Part 3: Koffin Kats

These guys are great, too, and they were a fantastic end to the show. By now, everybody was dancing and the pit was seemingly neverending! It was a ton of fun, and the people around made the show even better.
My one problem with this band(and it wasn't really a problem, anyway,) was the song length. I couldn't keep up for the whole set because the songs were 4-8 minutes long. It was a lot of fun and the music was great, though, so that made up for everything.



Part 4: Overall Show/ FINAL JUDGEMENT

This show was a lot of fun, and Jammin' Jesse managed to snag the set lists for both Sawyer family and Koffin Kats, as well as get a couple signed posters. The bands were really personable, and I was stoked I could go.

FINAL JUDGEMENT:

Doctor Bojangles & The Zombie Revival
Band: 7/10. They had some room to improve, maybe they could lower the distortion a tad.
Crowd: 5/10. For the most part the crowd was stagnant, but a few people joined in and danced with us.

BAND AVERAGE: 6/10.

Sawyer Family
Band: 10/10. Hands down, if I had to give a 10 to any band it would be these guys. They had new material, they were very orignal, they even busted out an acoustic number! These guys were brilliant and deserved the 10.
Crowd: 8/10. The crowd was actually moving a lot, no to mention Pete made the experience more enjoyable as well.

BAND AVERAGE: 9/10

Koffin Kats
Band: 9/10. My only complaint was the song length. These guys were great!
Crowd: 9/10. It was fun, but there were some dead spots, but they were about as short as the amount of time people spent dancing at the Stitched Heart Show.

BAND AVERAGE: 9/10

TOTAL SHOW AVERAGE: 8/10. This show was lots of fun, I'm excited to see Sawyer Family and Koffin Kats again!

The show was great, I had a blast and not I'm all worn out.
Skankin' Ced, Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment